The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Wayward bear causes accident

Bob Cage, renowned artist, athlete and tobacconist, dies

Robert F. "Bob" Cage, a Halifax native, was known for his achievements in an array of fields that he pursued with customary passion.

Latest effort to oust Thornton fails

The superintendent lost the support of a longtime backer, board chairman Robert Puryear

Sports

Comets prove cynics wrong

There might have been some cynics wondering about the direction of the Halifax County High School varsity boys’ basketball team before last winter.

Community


Opinion


A&E

News

Tuesday night fire destroys Clover structure

SoVaNow.com / October 18, 2012
A late Tuesday night fire destroyed an outside storage shed owned by Gary Snead of 1177 Guilltown Road near Clover.

According to Clover Fire Chief Bert Martin, the blaze was reported around 11:35 p.m. on October 16 with firefighters from both Clover and Scottsburg departments responding.

“While we don’t know the exact cause of the blaze,” Martin explained, “the shed was fitted with an outside furnace and there was wood stacked nearby.”

He estimated the loss of the shed and its contents at some $8,000. Martin said the wooden shed was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived, and the most they could do was prevent its spreading to the nearby house.

Tell-a-Friend | Submit a Comment

678

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.