The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Wayward bear causes accident

Bob Cage, renowned artist, athlete and tobacconist, dies

Robert F. "Bob" Cage, a Halifax native, was known for his achievements in an array of fields that he pursued with customary passion.

Latest effort to oust Thornton fails

The superintendent lost the support of a longtime backer, board chairman Robert Puryear

Sports

Comets prove cynics wrong

There might have been some cynics wondering about the direction of the Halifax County High School varsity boys’ basketball team before last winter.

Community


Opinion


A&E

News

Family loses home Monday morning

SoVaNow.com / November 14, 2013
A family of three lost their home and all their belongings in a Monday morning fire around 9:30 a.m. The cause of the fire at the single wide mobile home in which Todd Dease and his family lived at 3151 Bethel Road, Halifax is still unknown.

According to Ginger Weaver of the Red Cross, who is assisting the family, the couple barely escaped injury as they were asleep after having earlier gotten the child off to school but they managed to flee the trailer just in time.

The Halifax Volunteer Fire Department responded to the blaze with assistance from South Boston and Scottsburg firefighters.

Weaver said the couple will need furnishings since everything was destroyed in the fire. She said those wanting to help may contact her at the Red Cross office at 476-5148.

Tell-a-Friend | Submit a Comment

595

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.