The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Wayward bear causes accident

Bob Cage, renowned artist, athlete and tobacconist, dies

Robert F. "Bob" Cage, a Halifax native, was known for his achievements in an array of fields that he pursued with customary passion.

Latest effort to oust Thornton fails

The superintendent lost the support of a longtime backer, board chairman Robert Puryear

Sports

Comets prove cynics wrong

There might have been some cynics wondering about the direction of the Halifax County High School varsity boys’ basketball team before last winter.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for March 31, 2014

SoVaNow.com / March 31, 2014

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Glorious Things of Thee are Spoken” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “This is the Day” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks, announcements and hymn of praise was “Fill My Cup Lord.” Offertory hymn was “Between Here and Sunset.” Special music was a solo “I Feel Like Traveling On” by Lee Snead. Choir anthem was “Are You Washed in the Blood?” and “There is Power in the Blood.” Rev. Halbert read John 4: 10-15 and his message “The Life-Giving Water.” Hymn of dedication was “Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Just As I Am.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Bond of Love.” Tim Snead was acolyte and usher.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “What a Wonderful Saviour!” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Yes, Lord, Yes” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah.” Offertory hymn was “Come Holy Spirit.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Johnny Snead. Choir anthem was “I Will Praise Him.” Rev. Halbert read John 4: 10-15 and his message “The Life-Giving Water.” Hymn of dedication was “A Charge to Keep I Have.” Closing hymn was “Just As I Am.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Hear Our Prayer O Lord.” Wanda Snead was acolyte.

Remember the sick and shut-ins and our troops, along with Mike Ligon, Lorine Ligon, Thomas Snead, Wayne Newcomb, Mike Watts, Mike Toombs, Reid Roller, Betty Thornburg, Margaret Ligon, David Comer, Dale Compton, Zack Cole, James Glass.

Lewis Wade celebrated his birthday with family and friends Saturday.

Michelle, Sierra and Curt Womack visited Faye Edmondson Monday.

Willie and Angie Privette and Makayla Vassar enjoyed lunch at Pizza Hunt Sunday.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Clover UMW Beans and Jeans meal April 5 at 5:00 p.m. Clover Community Chorale Cantata April 13 at 7:00 p.m. at Clover Baptist.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.