The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Wayward bear causes accident

Bob Cage, renowned artist, athlete and tobacconist, dies

Robert F. "Bob" Cage, a Halifax native, was known for his achievements in an array of fields that he pursued with customary passion.

Latest effort to oust Thornton fails

The superintendent lost the support of a longtime backer, board chairman Robert Puryear

Sports

Comets prove cynics wrong

There might have been some cynics wondering about the direction of the Halifax County High School varsity boys’ basketball team before last winter.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Jan. 23, 2014

SoVaNow.com / January 23, 2014
Ezek. 35:6 “Therefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will prepare thee unto blood, and blood shall pursue thee: sith (since) thou hast not hated blood, even blood shall pursue thee.” In other words, He says: “Since you don’t mind killing people, I will let it chase you a little bit.” He tells us a lot more about this in Chapter 39.

Ezek. 35:7 “ Thus will I make mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it him that passeth out and him that returneth.” God used this same analogy in Chapter 29 when He was speaking to the Egyptian pharaoh. God will avenge His people. Don’t think that anyone or any government gets away with abusing people.

Ezek. 35:8 “And I will fill his mountains with his slain men: in thy hills, and in thy valleys,” (this lets u know where it will happen) “and in all thy rivers, shall they fall that are slain with the sword.” If you remember history from many years ago, we bought Alaska from Russia for seven million dollars. Some people have called that purchase “Seward’s Folly”. But, if you are familiar with Scripture, you know that God led us to buy it for Russia’s burial ground. According to Bible Prophecy, not one American city will be harmed. Here, it tells us that Russia’s army will be “slain with the sword”, payback for the way they killed people in Europe. Can you see how God takes care of His children who love and serve Him? The battle will be called “Hamongog”, and will occur near the end of the Tribulation period.

Ezek.35:9 “I will make thee perpetual desolations, and thy cities shall not return:” (‘You are never going to be a nation again’) “and ye shall know that I am the LORD.” God, Himself will fight that battle against Russia without any help from men’s armies or ammunition. He will use nature, and when they see those hailstones falling all around, they will know who fought against them. They are really going to believe in God at that time!

Ezek. 35:10 “Because thou hast said, These two nations and these two countries shall be mine, and we will possess it; whereas the LORD was there:” Do you know what two nations this is talking about? They are the countries of Israel and the United States. Both have been blessed by the hand of Almighty God. Think of the untapped oil under Alaska that our government is reluctant to allow to be developed. It is estimated that the land of Israel sits on more oil than is even in Saudi Arabia. Think of the agricultural output of these two nations. Russia is situated much further north, so the climate is not conducive to the production of vast amounts of food that is grown in America. Besides that, think of the infrastructure of riches, especially in the US that Russia would love to own. Would Russia enlist the aid of China for such an invasion? Of course. What would prompt China to align with Russia to overtake the United States? Perhaps to share in the spoils, but even more, to recoup some of the trillions of dollars in loans and interest on those loans that they are owed by our government, which we may not be able to repay. Why wouldn’t Russia envy America, with it fields of waving grain, and such abundance of crops that our government pays farmers not to even limit production of some crops. We have been blessed by our God, while Russia has trouble feeding her people; primarily because they don’t recognize God. God promised Esau that he would always live away from the fat of the land, and they have. Chapters 38 and 39 of this same book go into more details of that battle. It sure gives you something to be on watch for.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.